Imagine that one fine morning you have discovered some large holes in the walls of your home. Many things like diffusion air through the holes resulting poor performance of the air conditioner can happen in such case and the walls will not be able to protect you as before. The same thing happens with leaky gut condition. Having this means that your intestinal wall has become more permeable allowing undigested foods, body wastes and toxins etc to pass into the blood stream and you have many health issues. So, if you have leaky gut syndrome, you have to cure leaky gut to lead a healthy life. This write-up aims to let you know about the ways and means that helps to heal leaky gut fast.
Indications of leaky gut
If you experience two or more of the following symptoms, you may be suffering from leaky gut condition
- Chronic constipation, diarrhea
- Weak immune system
- Constant fatigue and depression
- Continuous headache with concentration problem.
- Skin rashes
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Cravings for sugar and carbohydrates
- Join and muscle pain
In all such cases you must take steps to identify and heal leaky gut fast.
Take a leaky gut test
In case, you are suffering from many chronic health issues and are not sure if those are due to leaky gut condition, then you should take a leaky gut test. This will help you to heal leaky gut fast. The following four tests can help you identify leaky gut condition.
- Zonulin Test
Zonulin is responsible for determining the size of the openings of the gut that are necessary for flow of nutrients. When you have abnormally high Zonulin level, this indicates that your gut is having high permeability and you can take action for quick healing.
- IgG Food Intolerance Test
Doing this test helps to identify food sensitivities. And, once that is known you can easily eliminate those form your diet plan for remedying leaky gut condition
- Stool Tests
This gives details of the level of bacteria present, which is an indication of intestinal health. This further reveals the concentration of good bacteria and bad bacteria in the gut. Once you know these, it helps fast healing process.
- Organic acid, vitamin and mineral deficiency tests
These deficiencies are caused to due to damage of the gut flora. When you know these, it gives you a clear picture of the gut condition that for quick relief.
Steps to heal leaky gut fast
Modern hectic life is associated with stress, taking processed foods, medicinal abuse, drinking etc; and all these take heavy toll on the digestive tract. The condition is so widespread that almost 60 to 70 million of Americans are affected by digestive diseases. Our gut is responsible for almost 80% of our immune system and so, we must have a healthy gut for leading a healthy life. While the leaky gut landscape seems to be gloomy, the good news is that it can be cured permanently. The gut treatment protocol includes five steps that are based on the “five Rs”- Remove, Replace, Repair, Re-balance, and Reduce,
- Remove: The first step of how to heal leaky gut fast is to pin and remove the food that is causing leaky gut condition. If you experience bloating, fatigue or gas taking any food that has to be eliminated first. The most common irritants are sugar, dairy, processed foods, gluten, GMO foods, NSAIDs and antibiotics. These are to be removed from your life.
- Replace: This includes taking the things that are necessary for rebuilding the lining of the gut wall. You must eat plenty of whole foods including fresh green vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Aside from this taking digestive enzymes and supplementing with Glutamine will also help rebuild the lining.
- Repair: Once the gut has patched, you should repair it with a healthy layer of good bacteria. Doing this you can enhance the immune system & metabolism and your body will be able to absorb more nutrients. You can take fermented foods or supplement with lactobacilli and bifidobacteria probiotic species for quick and effective results.
- Re-balance: Once you are on the track to wellness, focus on permanent lifestyle changes. You should also take your food mindfully giving enough time for chewing so that your digestive system can work most efficiently.
- Reduce: Being selective of food intake may not yield positive results, if you suffer from chronic stress. Hence, stress has to be reduced, at all costs, for treating leaky gut. You must have sufficient sleep, do some physical activities like walking and can also do yoga exercises to get relief from leaky gut condition.