Leaky gut is a problem that is faced by millions of people across the globe. One of the main reasons for developing leaky gut syndrome in human anatomy is the damaging of the protecting wall in the digestive truck. The result is that the bad bacteria, gluten and other proteins that were prevented from entering the blood stream earlier now enters freely in the blood stream causing various types of ailments. Such problems often take place due to bad diet and that is why developing leaky gut diet plan is considered essential by many people.
Causes of Leaky Gut Syndrome
When unwanted particles enter into the blood stream they cause inflammation and reduce the immune system in the body. Usually leaky gut syndrome occurs at the small intestine that is very important organ in the human anatomy. The reason is that most of the vitamins as well as the minerals that are consumed by a person are absorbed here. The small intestine has semi-permeable wall that allows only certain elements to enter into the blood stream and prevents others. Blocking toxins and undigested food particles is the major task carried out by the wall. When the wall gets damaged the bad toxins enter into blood stream causing diseases. In such case healthy gut diet can help as it won’t have many harmful ingredients.
Preparing the Right Leaky Gut Diet Plan
It is necessary preparing the right leaky gut diet plan that would prevent the toxic and other elements from harming the anatomy. Some of the results of leaky gut are food allergy, skin problems, acne and eczema, as well as digestive problems like gas, IBS and bloating. Preparing the right diet plan means that the person suffering has to resort to healthy gut diet and dispense with junk food and other harmful dietary elements.
Best Foods for Leaky Gut Diet Plan
For preparing the best and most effective leaky gut diet plan it is necessary including the following food items in them.
- Bone broth made out of scratch contains amino acid and minerals like potassium, proline, and glycine help the leaky guts and also improve mineral deficiencies in human anatomy.
- Raw as well as cultured dairy products that are rich in probiotics such as amasai, kefir, and yogurt can help heal the gut by destructing bad bacteria. That is why they constitute ideal component for healthy gut diet.
- Steamed and fermented vegetables, especially the non-starchy ones are easy to digest. Fermented foods such as coconut kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, and kvass are good for balancing pH existent in small intestine.
- Consumption of a couple of servings of fresh fruit is good for leaky gut healing. But they should be consumed early in the day. Apples and pears are the best fruits to consume.
- Healthy fats available in egg yolk, ghee, coconut oil, avocades and salmon are also good for leaky guts.
Foods to Avoid While Undergoing Leaky Gut Treatment
Like the foods that constitute part of the leaky gut diet plan there are some that should always be avoided especially when one is under treatment for leaky gut. Such food include –
- Gluten that is found in grain products including rice and wheat and is difficult digesting. Wheat based products should be avoided in case of leaky gut.
- Cow’s dairy has A1 casein; a harmful protein that can cause 26 times greater inflammation than gluten and is not the product to be included in healthy diet plan.
- Sugar supports bad bacteria and causes damage to the intestine wall which can cause leaky gut.
- Unfermented grains and soy contain phytic acid that is not good for leaky gut.
- Genetically modified organisms or GMOs contains damaging herbicides and pesticides that can harm the intestine wall causing leaky guts.
Supplements for Inclusion in Healthy Gut Diet
Some of the supplements that should be included in healthy gut diet are probiotics, digestive enzymes, glutamine powder, fish oil, and Aloe Vera juice. These supplements can help improve the condition of the leaky gut and that is why they are usually made part of the leaky gut diet plan by treating physicians. However there is specific dose of each of these elements that should be consumed by the person suffering from leaky gut. It is good obtaining the advice of doctor before taking these supplements as complimentary to healthy diet plan for leaky guts.
Apart from the above some essential oils like those extracted from ginger and peppermint can also help address the problems of inflammation in the intestine. Thus they help repair leaky guts and constitute part of leaky gut diet plan. Once again it would be good deciding on the doses to be applied after consulting the doctor for the purpose to avoid any unpleasant effects of using these elements as part of healthy diet plan.